At the end of summer, air conditioning systems may require some maintenance and repairs due to the increased usage during the hot months. Some common AC repairs that homeowners might encounter include the following list below that we at Absolute P&M Services prepared today.
Why Does My AC Stop Working when it’s Really Hot Outside?
1) Refrigerant Leaks: The AC system can develop refrigerant leaks over time, leading to a loss of cooling capacity and reduced efficiency. A professional technician will need to locate and repair the leaks before recharging the system with the appropriate amount of refrigerant.
2) Dirty or Clogged Air Filters: Dirty air filters restrict airflow and reduce the system’s efficiency. It’s essential to clean or replace filters regularly to ensure optimal performance and indoor air quality.
3) AC Condenser Unit Issues: The outdoor condenser unit can become clogged with debris, such as leaves and dirt, inhibiting proper airflow. Cleaning the condenser coils and removing obstructions is vital to maintaining efficient cooling.
4) AC Compressor Problems: The compressor is a critical component of the AC system, and issues with it can result in inadequate cooling or total system failure. Problems with the compressor may require professional diagnosis and repair.
5) Electrical Malfunctions: Electrical connections can become loose or corroded, leading to issues with the AC’s performance. An AC technician will inspect and repair any faulty electrical components.
6) Frozen Evaporator Coils: If the airflow over the evaporator coils is restricted, the coils can freeze, resulting in reduced cooling capacity. This can happen due to dirty filters, blocked vents, or low refrigerant levels.
7) AC Fan Motor Failures: The indoor blower fan and outdoor fan motor can wear out or malfunction, leading to poor airflow or no cooling. Replacing faulty fan motors is essential to ensure proper air circulation.
8) Thermostat Problems: Issues with the thermostat can cause temperature inconsistencies or incorrect readings, leading to discomfort. Resetting, calibrating, or replacing the thermostat might be necessary.
9) AC Drainage Problems: The AC unit removes moisture from the air, and if the condensate drain line becomes clogged, it can lead to water leaks or damage. Clearing the drain line is essential to prevent potential issues.
10) Wear & Tear on AC Components: Continuous use during the summer months can cause general wear and tear on various components of the AC system. Regular maintenance and inspections can help identify and address these issues before they become major problems.
To avoid unexpected breakdowns and costly repairs, it’s crucial to schedule regular maintenance checks for your AC system. Proper maintenance will help extend the lifespan of your unit and ensure it operates efficiently throughout the summer and beyond.
Central Air Conditioner Maintenance, Repairs, Replacement & More in Santa Fe, Tomball, Sugar Land, Galveston, Austin & Greater Houston, Texas
Should you find you need end-of-the-season repairs, do not neglect them simply because the summer is nearly over. Ensure they are efficiently repaired to avoid further damage and pricier repairs down the line. Call the experts of Absolute P&M Services for your AC repairs, installation, replacements and maintenance services. We have the expertise to make certain your AC services are done right!