It may not seem exciting to spend your money on replacing your AC unit, but when you are in the heat of the summer and your current AC dies, it is a necessity. Since this is such a large investment, it is important that you buy the right replacement AC for your home. You don’t want to get stuck replacing it again anytime soon. There are certain things you are going to want to consider when choosing the right AC system for your home. Absolute P&M Services is here to walk you through the process of choosing the right system for your house.
What Size Air Conditioner Do I Need & What SEER Rating Should I Buy?
There are some considerations that need to be made when buying a new AC unit. Here are some of the main points you want to make sure you cover before you buy
– AC Unit Size: It can’t be overstated how important the size of your unit is to the success of your system. If you have a unit that isn’t the right size, it can leave you disappointed with the performance. It can be just as detrimental to have a unit that is too large as it is to have one too small. Make sure you’re working with a professional to ensure you have the right size picked out.
– AC SEER Rating: The SEER rating for your Ac unit is the energy efficiency measurement. The higher the number, the more efficient it is. The government requires that any new AC unit has at least a SEER rating of 13. There are many that will have a higher rating than that you can choose from though.
– AC Warranty: Not all units are going to have the same warranty to cover any problems that may arise. You need to take a good look at the warranty information to ensure it has the plan you’re looking for.
– AC Noise: You should also consider the noise level that a unit will have. All units should let you know the decibels produced during operation so that you can determine which unit is best for you.
– AC Brands: There are certainly some brands that will have a better track record than others. Some brands may offer a lower price for their system, but you may end up paying even more in the long run with repairs and problems. Make sure you’re picking a reputable brand that has been around for a long time.
Central Air Conditioning Maintenance, Repairs, Replacement & More in Santa Fe, Tomball, Sugar Land, Galveston, Austin & Greater Houston, Texas
If you are having trouble with your AC unit, you may be in a position where replacement is the best answer to your problems. Picking out the right unit is essential to a comfortable house during the summer months. At Absolute P&M Services, we have a team of professionals that can help you pick the right unit for your home. We will handle installation and any other issues you may have with your AC system. Call us today!