When it comes to keeping your home cool this summer, you don’t want to be wasting money with an inefficient AC system. You can always have your current inefficient AC system replaced with a newer, more efficient one, or you can find ways to make the current system you have more efficient when you still have several years ahead of you before you’re ready to replace. Absolute P&M Services is here to talk about some tips that can help make your less efficient AC more efficient.
Does AC Need Airflow & Why Is My Air Flow Weak?
Without proper airflow, your AC system can’t do its job properly. In fact, airflow is the key to making your AC more efficient at cooling your home in the dead of summer. Here are the best tips we have to help you create more airflow for your AC.
– Clean Outdoor Condenser Unit: The outdoor unit usually gets forgotten. It’s an out of sight, out of mind situation out there. However, if you have debris built up around your unit, it can hinder the airflow and make your unit work less efficiently. The coils on your outdoor unit will also get caked in dust and dirt from the outdoors and will need to be cleaned before firing up your unit for the summer as well.
– AC Tune Up & Preventive Maintenance: It can’t be stressed enough how important it is that you properly maintain your AC system. This should be done at least once a year. Preferably when you are getting ready to turn it on for the first time in the spring. During routine maintenance, an HVAC professional will make sure your system gets a thorough cleaning, lubricate all working parts, make any minor repairs necessary and provide you with a detailed copy of the findings as well as a summary of what was done to your unit.
– Change Air Filter: The filter on your AC system should be changed on a regular basis. This is something that is often overlooked by homeowners and can give them problems down the road. When the filter is dirty, your AC system has to work much harder to cool your home, and you will experience more frequent repairs as well as pay more for an inefficient unit.
– Fix Leaking Air Ducts: If you have a leaky duct, it can lower your AC system’s efficiency. You can literally lose up to 30% of the cool air that your unit has worked so hard to cool down. Get your leaky ducts fixed to see an increase in efficiency.
– Quick AC Repairs Before They Become an Emergency: If there are small issues with your system, they need to be fixed right away. It doesn’t matter how small they may seem; you should get them fixed as soon as possible to avoid lowering the efficiency of your entire system.
Central Air Conditioning Maintenance, Repairs, Replacement & More in Santa Fe, Tomball, Sugar Land, Galveston, Austin & Greater Houston, Texas
If you are looking for ways to make your current system more efficient, you can call on the heating and cooling professionals at Absolute P&M Services to provide you with the maintenance and repairs needed to get the job done. Call us today!