It’s a good thing we all have heating systems to keep us warm throughout the winter months. Your furnace is working hard to make sure your home is a comfortable place to be when it’s cold outside. No one wants to have furnace problems during the winter months. However, it happens. If there is a problem with your furnace, there are going to be signs that lead up to the problems. If you know what you’re looking for, you can catch a problem before you are faced with a furnace that won’t work at all. Absolute Plumbing & Mechanical is here to point out these signs that you should be looking for.
When Should I Worry About My Furnace?
When you are faced with furnace trouble, it isn’t something you can ignore. The longer the problem is left, the bigger the job and more expensive it will be to fix it. When you notice any of the signs listed below, it’s important that you reach out to your heating professional to get to the bottom of the problem.
– Strange Furnace Sounds: You more than likely know when your furnace is on because it will make noise as it works. However, if you notice that the noises are getting louder or there are new strange noises coming from your furnace, you need to call an HVAC professional to see what the problem could be.
– Foul Furnace Odors: There are a few strange smells that you can get from a furnace that is in trouble. If you smell something is burning or smell something that resembles rotten eggs, you need to turn off your furnace and call a professional right away as these could be dangerous problems with a gas leak or electrical concerns.
– Short Cycling: If you notice that your furnace is only running for a few short minutes and then shutting off before reaching the desired temperature, it’s known as short cycling. This is extremely hard on your furnace and should be fixed.
– Weak Airflow: You should be able to feel heat blasting out of your vents. If you can hardly feel anything, the issue needs to be addressed. It could something as small as a clogged filter but can cause big issues down the road if you don’t fix it.
– High Energy Bills: You can compare your energy usage to the year previous and get a good idea of the amount of energy your home usually needs to operate. If you notice a large spike, your furnace could be the cause.
Furnace & Boiler Heating Tune Up Maintenance, Repairs, Replacement & More in Santa Fe, Tomball, Sugar Land, Galveston, Austin & Greater Houston, Texas
If you have noticed any of the signs listed above, you need to call on the professionals at Absolute Plumbing & Mechanical to get to the bottom of what could be the cause for concern. We have the experience and expertise needed to diagnose and address your heating problem in no time. We will make sure you aren’t going without heat this winter. Call us today!