The electrical and plumbing systems, landscapes, and other simple handyman-like duties that need doing is important to maintain among homeowners. Taking the time to learn the basics of the HVAC system, however, is the responsibility of every homeowners. Without understanding the basic, the neglect of the important maintenance and care can cause unnecessary repair and operating costs. Below, are just a few the HVAC system basics we at Absolute P&M Services would like to share.
Central AC & Heating HVAC Maintenance Guide
1) There should be least 2 feet of clearance for the appliances. Ensure the appliances, both inside and outside, your furnace and air conditioner should have at least 2-3 feet of clearance from all clutter and debris. Avoid allowing any type of clutter to pile up around it and trim back the trees, weeds, grass, and bushes. In addition to causing potential damage, landscaping and clutter promotes filth and pests. Maintaining a clear area can reduce the dirt and debris, pest damage and other type of damage from occurring.
2) Schedule HVAC maintenance every 6 months by a professional. Permitting too much time to pass in between services, the purpose of tune-ups is defeated. When you stay on top of maintenance, you prevent damage, minimizes breakdowns, keeps the system operating efficiently, and so much more. Other than professional regularly scheduled routine maintenance there is else the homeowner, like filter and thermostat care. In the event any potential issues are discovered they are promptly taken care of to prevent problems and the domino effect, with an expert checkup, the major components are inspected.
3) Every 2-3 months change / clean the filter. One of the most vital pieces to the HVAC system is the air filter. The collection of the pollens, dirt, dust, allergens, contagions, and other debris gets trapped in the air filter. Damage to the HVAC system occurs since the cannot pass through the clogged filters. Inspect the filters monthly to make certain sure they are properly replaced. Regardless, never exceed allowing 3 months to pass without cleaning or changing.
4) Insulation. Over time and use, the insulation wears thin for efficiency, air ducts need to be properly insulated. Resulting in the fluctuation of the temperatures, the loss of energy and waste as well as air leaks are the result of inadequate insulation. Should you notice these concerns, have a professional start checking the insulation around the air ducts, attic, and the walls. Make sure you know the basics of the HVAC system and take care of the standard maintenance and recruit a professional for routine tune-ups, you can make certain your HVAC system runs efficiently, stays in optimal condition, and it lasts to the projected lifespan.
5) Unusual smells/sounds indicate repairs. You need a professional to discover the cause and get the repairs when you notice smells of musty, or stuffy odors emit, as it can be mildew and mold growth and remove and blockage, debris or especially water gets trapped in the system. Unusual noises indicate a problem as well.
Central Air Conditioning HVAC Inspection, Tune Up Maintenance, Repair, Replacement & More in Santa Fe, Tomball, Sugar Land, Galveston & Greater Houston, Texas
In order to help you with the overall care of your HVAC system, contact the experts Absolute P&M Services when you need to schedule your professional maintenance or require repairs, when you need to schedule your professional maintenance or require repairs. Contact us today!