The last thing anyone wants to deal with in the middle of the summer months is a problem with their AC system. Unfortunately, there are a number of different issues that can arise when your AC is working around the clock to keep you cool during the summer. When it comes to AC issues, there are several problems that you can fix without calling the HVAC professionals to take care of it. Absolute P&M Services is here to talk about how to troubleshoot several common AC problems.
AC Running But Blowing Hot Air
If you notice that the air coming from your vents isn’t exactly cold, you are going to want to check a few things to see what is going on.
– Thermostat: The first place you should check when you are dealing with hot air is the thermostat. This might seem silly, but there is a chance that the AC isn’t turned on at all and that is the reason your air is hot.
– Circuit Breaker: The next place that you should check if the thermostat is working just fine is the circuit breaker. If there is a tripped breaker or a blown fuse, it will leave you without cold air.
AC is Continuously Running
Sometimes, you may notice that your AC is running constantly as it tries to keep you the cooling needs of your home. This is known as short cycling. If you are struggling with this problem, here are some things to check out:
– Air Filter: If your AC isn’t getting the air circulation that it needs, it will start to malfunction. Make sure the filter isn’t dirty; if it is, change it.
– Evaporator Coil: You can also check the evaporator coils for any built up ice. If you notice that there is any ice on your unit, turn it off to allow the ice to completely melt before turning it on again.
AC is Making Strange Noises
It can be alarming when you hear loud or strange noises coming from your AC system. Here are some things you can check out when this happens:
– Visually Inspect Indoor Unit: The first thing that you should do in this instance is to check the indoor unit for any signs of damage or leaking.
– Visually Inspect Outdoor Unit: Make sure there isn’t any debris that is coming in contact with your unit. Keep landscaping trimmed back at least 2 ft from the unit.
AC Maintenance, Repairs, Replacement & More in Santa Fe, Tomball, Sugar Land, Galveston, Austin & Greater Houston, Texas
If you can’t figure out what is going on with your AC system on your own, you can always turn to Absolute P&M Services to come check things out. There is no problem large or small that our team of highly qualified AC specialists can resolve for you. We will be able to quickly diagnose the problem and get to work on a solution. It is our goal to keep you comfortable this summer. Call us today!