Getting your home ready for winter in Texas does not generally require too much compared to some other areas of the country. Preparing for the cooler months includes getting the furnace ready to ensure your home is kept comfortable once those temperatures drop. There are many advantages for your furnace and home when it is routinely tuned up. Making sure the tune-up is done before you rely on the furnace helps prevent unexpected issues. Today, we at Absolute Air Conditioning & Plumbing would like to touch on the benefits and basis of a furnace tune-up.
What are the Benefits of Furnace Maintenance?
One of the contributing factors that that impact the performance and efficiency of your furnace, as there are quite a few, is dust, dirt, and debris buildup. When the system strains to keep up with the demand, is leads to a significant rise in operating costs due to dry soil and debris impede the furnace’s performance. Especially when on the heating system as the temperatures continue to drop, cleaning off the filth can ensure the components are operating proficiently. The following examples are additional benefits for investing in a furnace tune-up:
– While improving the performance and operating efficiency, you minimize the unexpected repairs from wear and tear.
– Coincidentally reducing operating costs, the overall heating system maximizes efficiency as it.
– The risk of failure to the furnace system is significantly reduced.
What Time of Year Should I Service My Furnace?
The furnace should have a schedule tune-up once a year. At the start of fall, before the furnace is relied on, is the best time of year to get the tune-up scheduled. It is nice to get this done now before the HVAC contractors are stacked with repair orders, and you are in need of repairs and have to wait.
During the tune-ups, any underlying issues are frequently detected, and without early detection, would otherwise manifest into severe issues. Homeowners can be better prepared if the professional finds the furnace is nearing the end of its lifespan instead of settling for the first replacement they find.
What’s Involved in an HVAC Furnace Tune Up?
It is important to keep in mind that professional heating tune-up procedures vary from company to company, however, you will find the standard steps of the basics below.
1) Assessment of energy supply related features.
2) Safety systems in addition to the electrical connections and system, motors, and controls are looked over undergo a performance check.
3) The condensate drains are cleaned if applicable.
4) Clear out any found obstructions that is impeding airflow efficiency.
5) All safety components including the limit controls are assessed and the system’s specifications are reset if necessary, in accordance to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
6) The thermostat settings and performance are checked to optimize the comfort of your home and to ensure energy-efficiency.
7) Especially in the areas that affects performance, all dirt, dust and grime are cleaned.
8) Drafts and flues are inspected for signs of leaks in the vents.
Furnace & Boiler Heating Tune Up Maintenance, Repairs, Replacement & More in Santa Fe, Tomball, Sugar Land, Galveston, Austin & Greater Houston, Texas
For your furnace tune-up service in the Greater Houston, TX area, call Absolute Air Conditioning & Plumbing and let our technicians take care of your furnace.