Unfortunately, there are some furnace issues that require immediate repair. If you are experiencing a furnace problem, there are certain signs that indicate the seriousness of the issue. Absolute P&M Services is here to talk about signs you should be looking for that point to an emergency furnace problem you need to have fixed.
How Do You Know if Your Furnace is Broken or Needs Repairs?
It is important that you understand what you’re looking for in signs of furnace disrepair. If you notice that there are any of the following signs in your home, you need to contact a heating professional right away to solve your furnace emergency repair.
– Furnace Smells Like Gas: If you have a gas leak in your home, it’s serious. You should never ignore any gas fumes that are present in your home. It has a very distinct smell that can easily be detected if you have a leak no matter how large or small. If you notice there is a gas leak, you should turn off your furnace as soon as possible and call a heating professional to come and inspect the situation.
– Electrical Furnace Problems: Have you noticed that your lights start to flicker when your furnace kicks on? This is a sign that there is an electrical problem, and it could be a serious one. Other signs of an electrical issue include electrical buzzing and breakers that frequently trip. A furnace specialist will be able to let you know if you are dealing with a serious issue or not.
– Furnace Blowing Cold Air from Vents: You shouldn’t turn your furnace on and find that it is blowing cold air out of the vents. Cold air blowing out of the vents can leave your home especially cold during this time of the year. If you have no heat, it needs to be repaired as soon as possible to keep your pipes from freezing inside your home.
– Loud Furnace Noises: Most furnaces will make some noise when they are on and running. If you notice that those noises all of a sudden change, it could mean that there is a part loose or damaged inside your furnace. Unusual noises include clanging, banging, hissing and squealing.
– Furnace Failure: If your furnace won’t turn on no matter what, you could be dealing with a total furnace failure. You need to move quickly to get a heating professional to your home, so you don’t go very long without heat.
Forced Air Furnace Maintenance, Repairs, Replacement & More in Santa Fe, Tomball, Sugar Land, Galveston, Austin & Greater Houston, Texas
If you have an emergency furnace problem that you need help with right away, you know you can call on Absolute P&M Services to respond quickly so we can get your heating system back up and running as soon as possible. We offer emergency furnace repair that will help you avoid a cold house for any longer than is absolutely necessary. Call us today!