Summer can be a challenging time to keep your home cool and energy efficient. However, there are several steps you can take to keep your home cool and reduce your energy bills during the summer. Today, we at Absolute P&M Services would like to take this time to share some tips to help you improve energy efficiency and keep cool during the summer.
How Can We Save on Energy & Cooling Costs when it’s Hot?
1) Programmable Thermostat. A programmable thermostat can help you save energy by automatically adjusting the temperature in your home based on your schedule. You can set it to turn off your air conditioner when you’re away from home and turn it on just before you return, saving you money on your energy bills.
2) Seal Windows and Doors. Check your windows and doors for leaks, and seal them with weather stripping or caulking. This will prevent cool air from escaping and hot air from entering your home.
3) Ceiling Fans. Ceiling fans can help circulate cool air throughout your home, reducing the load on your air conditioner. Set your fans to rotate counterclockwise during the summer to create a cooling breeze.
4) Natural Ventilation. Open your windows and use natural ventilation to cool your home during the cooler parts of the day or when the weather is agreeable if it is not possible daily. This is a great way to reduce your energy bills and take advantage of the natural breeze.
5) UShades and Curtains. Use shades and curtains to block out the sun’s rays and prevent your home from heating up. This can significantly reduce the amount of energy needed to cool your home.
6) Keep Air Conditioner Well Maintained. A well-maintained air conditioner will run more efficiently, reducing your energy bills and keeping you cool. Clean or replace your air filters regularly and have your air conditioner serviced by a professional at least once a year.
7) Invest in Energy-Efficient Appliances. Choose energy-efficient appliances and light bulbs to reduce your energy bills. Look for appliances with the Energy Star label, which indicates that they meet energy-efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency.
8) Reduce Indoor Heat. Cook outside or use a microwave instead of your oven and avoid using heat-generating appliances like your dryer during the day. This will help keep your home cool and reduce your energy bills.
9) Dehumidifier. High humidity can make your home feel hotter than it actually is. Use a dehumidifier to remove excess moisture from the air, making your home feel cooler and more comfortable.
10) Consider Planting Shade Trees. Planting shade trees around your home can help reduce the amount of heat that enters your home during the summer, keeping it cooler and reducing your energy bills.
Central Air Conditioner Maintenance, Repairs, Replacement & More in Santa Fe, Tomball, Sugar Land, Galveston, Austin & Greater Houston, Texas
By following these simple tips, you can improve energy efficiency and keep your home cool during the summer. These steps not only help you save money on your energy bills, but also contribute to a more sustainable lifestyle by reducing your carbon footprint. When you are in need of HVAC contractors to take care of your air conditioning this season in Houston, TX and surrounding areas, you can trust in Absolute P&M Services to deliver quality services.