Your water heater is one of the most essential parts of keeping your home comfortable. You will realize how much you depend on it when you wake up to a cold shower or you can’t wash the dishes or clothes. It’s important to act quickly when your water heater starts to act up so life can be comfortable again.
Hot Water Heater Won’t Stop Running & Other Problems
1. No hot water to water heater. If you discover that your water heater isn’t providing you any hot water, you will have to make sure the pilot light is on. If you find it is out, then you’ll need to turn it back on. If the pilot light is on and you still don’t have hot water, there is a bigger problem and you need to call the professionals to diagnose the problem.
2. No warm water only hot or cold. When this happens, the thermostat is usually set too high or too low. You can try and adjust the thermostat to see of you can find the right temperature. If that doesn’t work, you may have to replace the thermostat or there may be sediment building up in the tank. You can drain the heater, clean it and then fill it up again. If you find there isn’t any sediment, you’ll have to replace the thermostat or the heating element. Call the pros for help.
3. Not enough hot water. There are a few different issues that can cause a hot water heater to run out of hot water. It may be because the heater’s thermostat might not be working properly, or the hot water heater is too small for your home. You may need to replace it with a larger one or consider a tankless water heater. Tankless water heaters are a little more expensive, but you will never have to worry about running out of hot water again. That alone can make it worth the investment.
4. Hot water heater is leaking from top or bottom. If your water heater is leaking hot water it’s almost always caused by a broken valve, too much pressure buildup in the tank, condensation buildup or corrosion and rust. A leak requires a call to professionals for immediate help. This is the best way to save time and money to have an expert diagnose and fix the problem.
5. How water is brown and discolored. The anode rod works to prevent rust from collecting in your tank. You will need to have the anode rod replaced if you have rusty colored water coming out of your water heater because it’s rusting and corroding away. Worst case scenario, you’ll need to replace the water heater.
Plumbing Services & More in Santa Fe, Tomball, Sugar Land, Galveston & Greater Houston, Texas
You should be aware of these common problems that can arise with the water heater in your home. If you do start having problems call the professionals. Absolute P&M Services has been in the industry for years and has dealt with every water heater problem. We will have your water heater working quickly and efficiently in no time!